Monday, June 17, 2013

Blast from the Past #4 (Great Wall of China)

This is written from the Great Wall of China June 2, 2013.
I know the blog post have been more focused on the nightlife, so here is the touristy thing! haha
China Summer Program is so much fun! There are so many different and great people with great adventures! Walking through and touching the unrestored part of the Great Wall gets you to think, “How could people build this?” The structure is on top of the mountains and stretches for miles! It was a pretty hard to walk through and see the dying wall. The trees and vines are getting through the wall more of it was covered or knocked out by tree roots. If you ever get a chance go to the unrestored side of the wall make sure to go, there might not be this part in the not so distant future. I could look out from the wall, and see the gorgeous landscape that ran for miles! Air up here was better too; I felt it was cleaner! I didn’t see the population taking over the countryside China yet. It was a challenging 4-mile hike through the Great Wall, but we made it to our campsite. After dinner, we got to our tents to play cards and shine each other in the eye with our LED headlights… (We were bored) I just woke up and got out of my tent… (Yes I slept in a tent) I can look up and see the Great Wall of China. Yesterday morning, we slept at a village and had some fresh farm food, which was amazing!! Hiked to the resort to repel down a dam and a crazy game of laser tag in the woods by the Great Wall. We sang karaoke by the bond fire last night and listen to music before bed! The FOOD! The food has been so good the entire time I have been doing the Great Wall trip! I am very happy to have chosen this program, but what makes me happier is that everyone on this trip chose this program as well!
Makes me realize more and more that the trip isn’t about where but with whom.
Written when I got back home June 3, 2013.
Great Wall of China has been conquered! I got to pee off the Great Wall of China, and before you judge, I peed on Mongolia, so it was okay! Our last activity of the Great Wall trip was to build a raft and race across the river and make it back... well sorry Georgia Tech, but I’m no engineer, and I’m sorry group #2, but I’m no engineer. The raft never really made it across, but Kush and I made sure the ship went down with its captains… (We watched the Star Trek 2 midnight premiere in China Tuesday before this trip May 28, 2013!)
Now we are back home and I need to go to class…
I do believe that words on this blog will not do the experience justice.
I have pictures, but wait till I get home and tell you the story!
Over and out!









1 comment:

  1. http://goo.gl/LEQ6X



    ...No ship should go down without her captain...'

    ReplyDelete