Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blast from the Past #5 (Part 2)


Beijing Continued

Chad and I split up with Julie and Kat for our Saturday in Beijing (June 8, 2013). We went out to the Summer Palace! Remember that turf burn, well as it began to scab up, I fell on it at the palace and ripped it right open. It didn’t hurt just a lot of blood. I will not post the picture of it because it is gross. Through me falling down, Chad and I met up with a family in Atlanta who literally live 3 blocks from me! What a chances of that happening?
Well after that disaster, we finished summer palace with a nice ferry ride across the lake. Our next destination is the Olympic Park, so hopped on the metro again with the 1.3 billion people on this country and rode to the park. The first thing on our list was the Water Cube! It was like walking into church for Chad and me. How awesome was it to walk into the greatest pool on earth! It was now turned into a water park, which I hope to utilize one day in my year adventure!
After we took in the greatness of the Water Cube, we headed over to the Birds Nest and the torch, which was not very eventful. The Birds Nest was falling apart at the seams because its not being used, and it’s not maintained like everything else in this country.
After the long day of touring, Olivia led the entire group to the biggest club in Beijing. It’s called Mix, and we had a blast! I forgot about my destroyed leg, and we capped the last night in Beijing with a huge dance party.
You were good to me Beijing!
Like last time, I came back to Tianjin and crashed for the afternoon.
Traveling can be so tiring.
Over and out

















No comments:

Post a Comment