Thursday, June 27, 2013

Destroying Shanghai


The first full week in Shanghai is done, and this place has been a shit show! We went out most of the nights here and enjoyed the nightlife we’ve imagined Shanghai having. I’d like to say that we have been deprived of nightlife in Tianjin, but you all know I’m lying… We had fun in Tianjin wherever we ended up, whether that was Green Man, Helen’s, Heaven, Sitong, or Muse.
We still miss Tianjin a little bit when we look at the cab fares and food prices, but China is still pretty cheap even in Shanghai!
I’ve done my share of exploring around in Shanghai! I joined in most of Shanghai Prides festivities such as the parties, trivia night, and other things. I bought a t-shirt! Now I can say that I have gone to other prides than just Atlanta!
Along with Pride, I joined the LGBT friendly swim team in Shanghai (Hey Trout, I’m trying to get them to come to Gay Games next year). The team is really nice; we have standard practice with about 30 to 40 people. The practice is about an hour and 15 minutes long and it wasn’t too hard even though I’m super out of shape. They asked me why I’m here and blah blah blah, and after the practice we all went out to dinner. It made me feel like I was back home again with the Rainbow Trout.
Some of the other highlights of Shanghai are the two Pub Crawls we did in 3 days. Insane I know!
It’s not all nightlife for us in Shanghai, Saturday (June 22, 2013) we went to the hold Confucius temples and saw the pagoda there. We had dumplings for days and enjoyed a beautiful garden from morning to mid afternoon. Additionally, we went out to explore the shopping areas around Shanghai Jiao Tong University where we are staying because there are six malls in 2-block radius. The malls are huge and they are for people with money! There is a freestanding kiosk for Chloe and Hugo Boss, along with stores like Escada, and Gucci everywhere. So other than that we have been enjoying the nightlife.
So far Shanghai has been great! More updates to come so hold tight! Here are some pics!!!

Oh and I went to the Korean Consulate today to get a Korean Visa so I can attend Yonsei University for the fall semester!
















No comments:

Post a Comment