Sunday, December 8, 2013

Quiet Week Kinda

This week was another regular week! We decided Hongdae, Gangnam, and Sinchon has gotten very boring to us, so why not change the scene a bit right! We moved to Itaewon! The week before, we went to a Brazilian steakhouse for dinner; it was right before we went to Octagon. From that steakhouse trip with Sheimay, Bryant, Brian, and Kyle, we gain a new place of gathering, a new watering hole! What could be a better name for such a place other than Oasis? $3 gin, vodka, and rum shots, and couple beers were $3 too! How nice!
This Thursday (November 14, 2013), we ventured to Hongdae for some very causal drinking! We found really good flavored makgoli bar, and interrogated my one friend’s date, and let me tell you, I break the person down, make sure they are good for my boys and girls. I don’t know why he invited Eljay, Kyle, Brian, Bryant, and I on his date, but it was so much fun… The rest of the girls were at hookah… I’m not about that life… After couple good and couple bad flavored makgoli, we went home and I was ready for a hard night!
Friday, I joined Christina, Sheimay, Lisa, and Catherine for 8-flavor samgyeopsal (prok cutlets used in Korean BBQ)! It was so good! They had really obscure flavors like ginseng, curry, and more; we ate till our tummy was full! It was so good, and to cap off the dinner, we got milk tea and from there I ditched the girls and told them to meet us at Itaewon. I met up with the Brian and Kyle because they were with friends from Brian’s class! I got in and grabbed couple drinks with them at Yon Dae Po, which is the Yonsei student hang out place. We got to know them and got to know Yonsei and Korean academic culture a little better. After talking and laughing together, it was time for Itaewon, Dylan and Hana met up with us at Yon Dae Po, and we matched forth to the subway with our newly found friends. They are about to be tested by the council (Name made during our ski trip, it will be explained later blogs). One passed the test, and the other passed out, but we thought they were so much fun! They did dip out early. We got to Bulldogs and grabbed a shot, and we moved about 20 people to our watering hole, Oasis. We took over that bar with our loud and obnoxious foreignness! Thank goodness we were the only ones in the bar. It was the first time I think the whole Team Singapore came out to play! We were in charge of the playlist, which meant there was a Destiny's Child concert at Oasis. Young = Beyonce, Kyle = Kelly, and Michelle = Bryant/Eljay (Who even knows Michelle?)... Writing this makes me a little embarrassed, but I was a damn good Beyonce, and isn's that all that matters? After couple shots and beers, we left the bar and almost got into a fight, which we would have destroyed the people in question. Not pressing on. After the confrontation, we went to Ho Bar to blow off some steam, and I came back home.
I woke up Saturday (November 16, 2013), and I was on the KTX to Daejeon. Another one of my cousin is getting married, so the parents and kids are meeting up for lunch! I happened to be one of the kids! Haha It was a bit awkward meeting them for the first time I guess because we didn’t say much. They discussed some logistics, but it seemed as though my cousin and her fiancĂ© figured everything out already. After lunch, we went to the station and bought the most awesome bread ever! It was fried Sapporo bread, so good! It was crunchy outside with a warm soft goodness inside! We boarded the train to Yangsan. My cousins and I capped off the day with a nice sushi dinner and went to bed.

The next day was a quiet one. My aunt, cousin, and I stayed in all day and just relaxed. A much needed rest for me that’s for sure. That night I went to my oldest cousin’s house to meet up with them for dinner and play with my niece and nephew. We played Uno all night, and I came back Yangsan, and I left the next morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment