Monday, December 2, 2013

Nami Island


This is the week I lost my phone… We did our usual weekday stuff like class, eat, complain, get nothing done, maybe get something done half-ass, and more. Although, Wednesday after class, my friend and I went to an island in the middle of Hong River to see the sights! It was beautiful, yet again; I really wished I had those pictures. We did our discussion of our plans this weekend. I was really over the party scene by the failure of the rooftop party in the previous week. I made it a point to the group that I felt bad but Christina’s party at Club answer doesn’t sound too amusing, so the boys thought it’ll be fun to take a little adventure around Seoul. We made the decision to go to Nami Island! Supposedly a famous Korean drama was filmed here… It’s called Winter Sonata… Never heard of it… That Thursday night (November 7, 2013), the crew head out for Alfred’s birthday to our trusted Octagon. We drank at the Mini Stop beside the Hill Top Hotel where Octagon is and got trashed! We got in after copious amount of drinking, and we danced the night away. Kyle, Brian, Bryant, and I left the club after some dancing to get more drinks and food at the 7/11 across the street… (I think we have a problem.) Anywho, we get back in and do some more dancing and jumping up and down to now what it sounds like the same EDM we have been listening to for the past 2 months… Brian, Bryant, Mason, and I left Octagon and came back home. On my way back to the dorms, I frantically started looking for my phone, and I could not find it… WTF… Where could it have gone? Octagon, cab, or someone took it… I called it many times and it rings, but no answer. I leave a text on my phone hoping for an answer, but no gold…
I woke up Friday morning hoping this is just a dream or someone found it for me. no such luck… I kept calling it and it rings, but no one answers. I even went all the way to Octagon to look for it. Let me tell you, a club in the daytime is really creepy… I got back home with no ways of contact with my friends… Felt very lost, I know this is a little dramatic for a lost phone, but you would not believe how dependent you can be on your phone. I found out when dinnertime was for us to meet and go out for Korean BBQ; we celebrated everyone’s birthday and separated to do our own thing. 
Saturday, I came to the realization that my phone was lost and I could do nothing about it. I went to the Techno Mart in Seoul and purchased a new phone, the Note 1… This phone is not going to cut it; it was way to outdated for me. I am going to have to change it before I move to my next destination. With a new phone in hand, I went to my service provider to get a new SIM card... Get this, Korea does not issue SIM cards on the weekends… WTF!!! So you lose your phone on Friday, you are screwed till Monday, and that’s what happened to me! I went over to my friend’s house and hung out with him for a while using his phone to get in contact with people via Facebook. Through Facebook Messaging, I got the game plan for the Nami Island adventure from Brian! Before the Nami adventure, my friend and I went out to Vips, which is a nice buffet in Seoul that serves American food! It was like Golden Corral! I almost died! We stayed in the buffet for a while, and we left and walked along the man-made river that Seoul is famous for to see the lanterns like the Lantern Festival in Jinju, but not as epic. We came back and took a nap because the itis was real after the run in the buffet!
After a minute, I left my friend’s house and went to the subway station to meet my friends, and we took a super long journey to a small town where we did our usual hof for food and drinks and jimjilbong for a night of sleep! Christina, I’m still sorry I didn’t go to your birthday party at Club Answer.
After good nights rest, we headed for the island! We took a cab and subway to the place where they had a zip line to the island! We took that of course, and it was my first zip line experience and I loved it! When we arrived on the island, we walked around seeing ostriches, and sights on island that were in the drama I mentioned earlier. It was a small island, so we got done pretty quickly, and after a hot meal, we were ready to go home. We took the ferry back to the mainland, and saw the bungee jump! Bryant was sold, so we wait for Bryant to show us that he is the biggest man out of Kyle, Adrian, Brian, and me. He did the jump and he was now the man! We took the subway heading towards our dorms, and we ran into Anthony! Anthony was heading to see a temple in Gangnam, so I invite myself to go with him and see this temple! Why not? We got there, and we prayed and lit incents and walked around to see what was around. After the temple was done, we went to see the Coex mall, which was under construction, so didn’t see much, and we went to Dongdaemoon to do some night shopping. By the time I was home, I was exhausted…

I have pictures because I got a new phone! I used it as a camera for the weekend!!! Yay!!!!




































No comments:

Post a Comment