Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Yon-Ko-Jeon


The week after the holidays was uneventful and quiet till the weekend. This weekend is the weekend of Yon-Ko-Jeon, which is the sporting event between Yonsei and Korea University. So during the weekdays, we just went to class and complained about it, and we learn new phrases like ETA (Eat Together Always). Like always, my friends and I stick together doing absolutely nothing! Came Thursday, there was a party thrown by the Yonsei University and Korea University at this club called Eden. It was a nut case. First, Isa, Oskar, Kenny, and I got lost on our attempt at finding the club so we struggled for about 2 hours. After a stop at Paris Baguette, a direction, and a little luck later, we finally got to the club! We got our wristbands and went back outside to a 7/11 to get hammered! We destroyed that 7/11 and got into Club Eden. As always, we were on stage and poles just dancing my life away! That night I remember having a lot of heart to heart with people; I remember having one with Kyle and one with Francis, it was nice, and it brought us closer together! Next part of the memory is kind of blurry; the mix of alcohol and time passed makes the picture a fuzzy one. I got home in a cab and went back to the dorms. It was not early, and next thing I see is Kenny and Oskar dying on the Ihouse bathroom floor! I was not in the right state of mind to take care of these folks. I had class Friday Morning (September 27, 2013), so I let them struggle it on the floor and make their way to the bed. I woke up that morning and went to finance, which is pointless because I don’t pay any attention in that class. I was looking at my phone looking at pictures of the baseball game that people were posting.
I was a little disappointed that I didn’t go, but there are 4 more sporting events left for me to go! After that class, I got ready to go to the basketball game, and an outfit change and a subway ride later, we were at the Olympic stadium and there a long ass line to get into the game… So we were only allowed in after half time. It wasn’t that exciting because we lost the basketball game. Later that night, we just got something to eat and I went to bed because we had to get up early for good seats for rugby and soccer.
Saturday (September 28, 2013), we got to the stadium and got ourselves some beer, and we were ready to chant and cheer for Yonsei! The rugby game was close, but we lost. After a lunch break where we had KFC (Southern fried chicken does not taste like that! I’d know! I’m from Georgia!), we went in to cheer and chant for our soccer game! WE WON!!!! Now the sporting part of Yon-Ko-Jeon is over! We got on the podiums and on the track and we kept on keeping on! We got down to the tracks of the Olympic tracks and we danced and cheered on till our hearts content! We went back home and took a catnap; we went out to Sinchon where now the party really starts. Jinelle, Emily, and I went to get chicken and beer, and after we were headed to Barfly where we drank and drowned. I danced my A$$ off on stage! I look over, and I see Gray struggling a bit… The kid was black out, so Ken and I took him home! After a couple embarrassing pictures later, I went to bed! Woke up Sunday morning, and I went to a swim practice! The team is the Seoul’s LGBT friendly swim team just like Shanghai. I feel all LGBT swim groups are pretty similar,; they talk about mostly the same thing, and they all eat together. We had soup after practice, but two of the guys wanted something different and they offered to take me around Seoul, so I naturally followed!
We went from Itaewon (The foodie section) and grabbed a meal. Pizza to be exact! I loved it; it was delicious and the beer really hit the spot. We walked around Itaewon and they explained me the history and development of Itaewon, which was too nice of them. We kept on walking and next thing I know we were in the NoksapYeong, walking through the rich part of Korea that Samsung owned (obviously). They kept explaining me the history and who bought what and where. So this is a lot of walking… We changed scenery from the rich houses to the famous mountain of Korea called Namsan. we made wishes on rocks, and we walked through some of the sites in and around Namsan and the boyfriend of one of my “tour guides” picked us up after work, and we were transported to the Hong River! To be honest, I was done walking, so a quick ramen dinner later, I got in the bus and I went home! What a weekend!!










No comments:

Post a Comment