Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Spontaneous Trip to Jinju

So basically after last week, we spent the week like we do every week, drink and eat. I swear to god all we do is eat and drink. We spent the week doing that going to class, and next thing you know Bryant, Brian, Kyle, Yujin, Francis, and I are on our way to Jinju (a small town with the biggest lantern festival). Yujin and I were kind of a last minute decision to go! And what a great last minute decision. We took the bus down to Jinju, and we got to the bus terminal! Headed out to a hof (a casual eating and drinking bar like places in Korea) and had couple beers and some cheap food! From there, we went to a JimJilBong (Korean bathhouse), where we stayed the night and enjoyed a nice bath! We played some games and hung out before bed, which was excellent!
The next morning (October 11, 2013), we woke up and went around Jinju! We went to get some famous food from the area. They are known for their raw beef bibimbap (mixture of rice and vegetables). It was so good! We went to a pretty famous place where it’s their only food they serve.  The presidents go there! After a lovely meal and couple drinks later (yes to day drinking), we headed to the fortress in the city on top of the hill. There were lots of lanterns in people form, so as us being kids and all, we reenacted some of them for fun! Too much fun!
That night we enjoyed a chicken, dumplings, and steamed bread for dinner. We saw the full effect of the lantern festival that night! It was crowded and lit up, and it was so pretty. But we could only stay there for so long. (We got bored.)

We walk over to the train station and got the bus tickets to Busan! When we arrived I broke away from the group as they proceeded to head to the clubs; I went to a jimjilbong to get some rest. After a nice bath with an night ocean view, I fell asleep and woke up, and I was headed to the world’s largest fish market. There was a festival! I had a delicious sashimi and sauced eel all to myself, and I was on a bus to Seoul! That was my week. A fun trip and a restful Sunday.






























No comments:

Post a Comment