Friday, March 21, 2014

I Stayed in Hong Kong

So this is like the first weekend I am staying in Hong Kong. I guess it was to stay stable for a minute. I did the usual that week; you know going to school, eating out with friends, and etc. etc. Couple fun things happened, but Hong Kong is not a really happening place I think. Lan Kwai Fong is the drinking haven for the foreigners, but it is usually mediocre looking businessmen preying for young women outside of 7/11 in the streets of Lan Kwai Fong. Like I said, this is nothing like Hongdae of South Korea. Fun things do happen in Hong Kong, like Wednesday (February12, 2014), the Americans, Hannah, Mary, Rachel, Jess, and I, and the UKs, Ffian and Yas, had wine night! It was time to have some serious girl talk and kiki about our time in Hong Kong. I think we got a little too drunk… We spilled our wines all over Hannah and Jess’s room. It was about a bottle of wine in for me and I don’t know how much for the girls, but it was time for a twerk lessons. I put my feet up the wall, and I was back in Atlanta! It was ratchet as fuck, and Yas took these lessons to heart. Our goal is that she will become a twerking goddess by the time she is done with this program! We have some work to do! I was going ham on my second bottle when Ffian told me that I need a skateboard for her group H.K.S.A. (Hong Kong Skateboard Association). We took an adventure around campus looking for a lonely skateboard… We found one. We are bad people, but we gently took it to my room, and we ran into Sami, Troy, and other people drinking in the lobby of my floor! Ffian and I joined them for a minute to promote our club, H.K.S.A.. After that was over, we headed back to the wine night. We had our skateboards in hand, and now, I am the official second member of H.K.S.A. what a privilege! I was done; after two bottles of wine, I was ready to call it quits. I went to my room to find that there is a party there too! I joined Sami, Troy and the group I met earlier with Ffian. They were drinking and having a good time. They decided a McDonalds run was appropriate for this time of night. They weren’t wrong. I joined them, but I know I didn’t get anything to eat. I just went back home and passed the fuck out. End of a successful wine night.
Valentine’s Day kinda sucked. I guess I was just a little lonely.

The next big event was a hike on the Lamma Island Saturday (February 15, 2014). First of all, I don’t hike. Second of all, I don’t fucking hike. You see where this story is going. I was complaining the entire time with Yas as we climb the path across this island. There were coalmines, nice graffiti, and a beach. It wasn’t all bad I guess. It made me realize that I need to get back in shape. Davey, Ffian, Yas, and I stuck together for the hike. We complained together the whole time, how great is that! We took the ferry back to the motherland, and all we talked about was our movie preferences. From the dock, we kept our quotes of Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2 coming. The laughing never stopped. When we got home, Ali, Jordan, and I didn’t have much time to get ready for a tryout for the water polo team in Hong Kong. We took the bus to Wan Chai Swimming Pool. Well, we took the bus to Wan Chai, and had some serous struggles getting into the pool. Thanks for no signs bitches. It was time for my Breaking and Entering skills to come into play. I managed get the girls and I into the pool through the back door. Now I am an expert in getting into the pool. We did our tryout, which is only a 200 freestyle swim. It was cake. Since we were done, we took our trip back, and I got ready to go out. LKF it is. As much as I hate it, it is the only source of entertainment at nights in Hong Kong. We predrank at Hannah and Jess’s room again, and we were out. Walked into a club called Midnight with Poly, Yas, and other people, and there ended up being heaps of people I knew there. The music was really repetitive, so we walked out, and it began. The night of just staying outside of 7/11 and drinking in the streets, same old same old. This is my week in Hong Kong, when I don’t travel.








No comments:

Post a Comment